Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Daddy goes back to work

Today there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth, or gums rather. Daddy went back to work and Mommy was officially on her own. YIKES! I decided to test her patience at being by herself by refusing to go down for my morning nap. Usually I have a delicious breakfast of calcium rich milk and stare back at Mommy or Daddy as they make silly faces at me (they think I don't understand what they're doing, but they're wrong...I do...I just pretend to be fascinated to amuse them) and then I drift back off to sleep for an hour and a half or so, until lunch. But not today. I decided to stay awake and see how long my mom would take to crack. My plan did not work though. She cuddled me in a soft blanket, sang to me and I succumbed to her plan. Drats.

My daddy had a very difficult time pulling himself out of the bed this morning (much like I do each time I sleep...you can tell we're related) but then off to work he went. Mommy and I hope he has a good day today at work. I'm sure his design team missed him and are happy to have him back. We can't wait for him to come home.

Grandma and Grandpa Freeland are coming to stay with me today! I'm very excited to see them again. I love that they spoil me rotten! It's going to be hard to share them with my cousins Sydney and Chase...but I guess all is fair in love and grandparenting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I love his hair! He's so cute. And you look great by the way. :) Can't wait to see you both in a few weeks. Love ya!

Erica