
This is my first official summer as a kid. Sure, I was born on the cusp of summer last May. But I was just a baby then. Just an infant. I have now graduated to "kid" status. How do I know this? I've overheard several conversations between Mommy and Daddy with references to, "Is that activity kid-friendly?" "Do you know where the kid is?" "What is that kid into now?" They didn't say these things when I was just a baby. Apparently turning one, crawling everywhere, standing, talking, and causing trouble buys you the title "kid." But I'm okay with that.
However, I wasn't sure what to think of summer when I had my first outside photo shoot. Mommy and Daddy's friend Shelley Foster took some pictures of me out at Bear Creek Park. Everything was going pretty well, until those fools thought it would be a good idea to stick me on the grass. Do they not know that the grass is evil? It's prickly, wet and everywhere! Surely it has it's own plot to take over the world, which I could not condone. I would NOT have anything to do with the grass, as you can see from the photo below. Luckily, Shelley was still able to get some good pictures of me before "The Incident." If you're interested in having your photos taken by someone AMAZING, consider Shelley Foster. She's awesome and really good, even with little people like me. Her website is
www.shelleyfoster.com.



After the pictures on Saturday, I was ready for Memorial Day! Boy was it a ton of fun, especially since Daddy didn't have to go to work and was able to spend the whole day with Mommy and me. Mommy and Daddy packed up lunch and we headed back to Bear Creek Park. I don't know why it's called Bear Creek Park. I sure didn't see any bears while visiting there, either time. Fortunately, Mommy and Daddy learned their lesson about the grass and brought a nice red blanket for me to sit on. I got to swing on the playground too. It was like flying!



Then this weekend, Daddy busted out what he called a kiddie pool. See? There's that word again...kid...pretty sure they wouldn't have put me in this thing as an infant. It was AWESOME! I even got to wear my clothes in the pool (although I don't mind being in the buff. Usually, it's rather refreshing). I had a good time splashing around and drinking the water from my green cup. I hope I get to swim in the BIG pool at Grandma and Grandpa Von
Fange's this summer.




Speaking of which, we're headed back to Kansas for what's called the
Smoky Hill River Festival in just a couple weeks. Aunt Rae Rae, Uncle Paul and cousins
Syndey and Chase are coming too. It's going to be so much fun. I can't wait to go swimming and see the rest of my family! Well, that's all I have to report for this week. Enjoy the photos and I'll update you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment