Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Movin' Right Along

I've been busy. I've recently taken to causing mischief...an delectable pastime, I assure you. On more than one occasion, Mommy has caught me in the bathroom, trying to crawl into the tub or the toilet. So far, I've been unsuccessful. I also enjoy crawling into my room when she's not paying close attention. When I'm in there, I pull down all of my books from my bookshelf and then have my own, private, read-a-thon. I guess Mommy's not too worried about it. When she catches me she just laughs and says, "At least you're reading and not scaling the drawers." Yet, Mother. You forgot the word yet. Don't think I haven't thought of it. When I get a little more upper body strength, the drawers, curtains, and other objects not securely fastened to a wall will be checked off my list of things to climb on.
I'm getting better at cruising too. Not in a car, mind you, but along the couch and coffee tables. I've wiped out a couple of times which irritates me. I don't like to be embarrassed due to my short comings in front of Mommy and Daddy, or heaven forbid, strangers. But practice makes perfect, I suppose. Mommy's in the process of looking to buy me some shoes. I think she has a mild heart attack though when she sees the prices they want for toddler shoes. $40-50? REALLY??
Last week, Mommy and I found something really cool in our front yard! We were playing in the front room, looking out the picture window, and we saw something moving on the bushes. Mommy ran and got her camera and this is what she spied.
I have new friends living in the bushes. The first one, I like to call Bob. He's a simple guy.

The second one is Juarez, which you must say with a heavy Spanish accent, making sure you roll the "r". He's smaller, but faster and a bit more feisty. I thought it was suiting. He told me he had just escaped from Mexico and was on his way to Canada to get away from the Swine Flu.

As much as it pains me to admit this, I must tell you, I've been struggling a bit more with that thing called separation anxiety. It makes me nervous when Mommy hands me over to people I don't know. They look suspicious to me. I try to reason with Mommy, clinging to her shirt for dear life and shedding my biggest crocodile tears, but for some reason it's not working. What am I doing wrong?
Playing as become very important in our household. I enjoy playing with my Daddy each morning before he goes to work and then when he gets home. For my birthday, I got a super cool airplane car that makes a lot of "racket" as Mommy and Daddy call it. I don't know what that means, but it makes fun noises and the propeller on the airplane spins around. They tolerate it and I LOVE IT!

Well, that's about all that's going on in my world. Mommy and Daddy are planning another fun filled trip back to Kansas in a few weeks. We're going to go to something called The River Festival. I don't know what that is, or what it entails, but it sounds like fun. I think I may also get to see my buddy Blake, Aunt Liz, and Uncle Luke again. Hooray! This summer is going to be a fun one!

No comments: