Thursday, May 7, 2009

One Year Closer to World Domination

Well, the day has finally arrived. That's right, the holiday of all holidays is upon us. It's May 7th and I am now officially ONE! To honor this exceptional day, a celebration was in order, so Mommy and Daddy threw me the best party ever. With over 30 people in attendance, I would say it was a success. Last Saturday, friends and family gathered together at our house and we did it up right. What was really exciting was that my Aunt Liz and Uncle Luke came to visit me, along with my buddy Blake. Blake and I played all weekend long. Blake's a little older than me. I know I have much to learn from him. I think he was getting frustrating with teaching me new skills because he kept bonking me on the head with balls and a bat. His Mommy (Aunt Liz) didn't approve of that much. I also got to play with my other friends, Will and Emily! Emily even gave me a kiss on my arm.

I also expanded my pallet with lunch meat, cheese, bread, Grandma Von Fange's famous Garbage Salad (trust me, it's much better than it sounds) and was finally able to dine on CAKE! I cannot believe Mommy has been withholding this amazing food from me for a whole year! Aunt Liz and Mommy were sweating bullets trying to get my cake baked and decorated in time for my party. I think Mommy said it took them about 6 hours total to bake and frost everything. Aunt Liz was super awesome and made my airplane cake, while Mommy decorated my little cake. Doesn't it look awesome??

Soon after lunch, Mommy and Daddy brought out my personal cake (complete with a big "G" in the middle of it) that was as big as a dinner plate and boy did I chow down. Mommy and Daddy couldn't believe that I was able to eat a third of my cake (I don't know why they were so shocked...it's not like I haven't shown them how much I enjoy food). I also got a mid-party bath, which was fun. I never get to bathe in the middle of the day. I guess Mommy didn't want me covered in icing all afternoon.

After cake and a little cuddling with Mommy's friends, it was time for a nap. And boy was I ready for one. What an exciting day it had been. Little did I know, it wasn't over yet. After I woke up, and all those people had gone home, I found out that they had all brought me presents! YIPPEE! I tore into those presents and was overwhelmed with how much new stuff I had to play with. Mommy and Daddy were especially excited. (If you'll remember from Christmas, they were getting bored with my old toys and were looking forward to playing with new ones.)

Overall, it was a fantastic birthday. I'm now a year older and a year wiser. And if there were five things I could say I've learned over the past year, it would be this:

1. I make people laugh when I break wind.

2. The finger is a great tool, especially when trying to dig things out of your nose.

3. No matter how big of a mess I make, other people will clean it up.

4. There is always room for one more bite.

5. It is beneficial to have your Mommy and Daddy wrapped around your finger.

I'm sure this next year will hold many adventures for me. I've still got to master the skill of walking and making my Mommy's life crazy. I have plenty to work on. Thanks for hanging in there with me for a year. I hope you'll stick around and continue to read about my quest for world domination as well as the other random and interesting things that I'm sure to encounter along the way.

1 comment:

Adeline said...

Great party! Beautiful cakes! And Gabriel also has BEAUTIFUl blue eyes!!!