Saturday, April 25, 2009

Snip Snip

My parents are forcing me to grow up...and I think I'm okay with it. Today was a busy Saturday. No laying around the house for these three Freelands. We were off and running after I woke up from my morning nap. Mommy and Daddy loaded me up into the car and away we went, arriving in front of a store I'd never been to before called Cool Cuts 4 Kids. (Don't you just love how businesses replace words with numbers? What would have made it even better is if the business name would have read Kool Kuts 4 Kids.) When we entered, I was taken aback by all the things to look at. Video games, toys galore, and really fun cars you could ride in! After checking us in with the overly happy 40 year old with a big white bow in her hair, Mommy took me over to what looked like a fire engine! She had "happy lady" strap me in and then moments later my favorite show came on a TV in front of me! This was perfect. Driving a fire engine while watching Baby Einstein. Was I in heaven?

Suddenly, I felt water running down my cheeks. My hair was soaking wet. Happy lady had dowsed my head and was proceeding to comb through it. Then, out of no where, she pulled out these silver, sharp, stick looking things and starts whacking off my hair! I couldn't tell if Mommy was happy or sad, as she was near tears the whole time. Daddy was flashing a camera in my face while happy lady snipped away. What were they doing?!? Aparently it was something that needed to be captured on film.





I had worked so hard to grow my golden blonde locks and was beginning to sport a really nice mullet in the back. Why would my parents let this crazy woman chop off my hair? I guess my look isn't the style most babies are going for nowadays. In a matter of moments, happy lady had clipped, trimmed, and buzzed the vast majority of my hair. I wasn't sure how to feel about this change, until I took a look in the mirror. Then I saw it. WOW! I LOOKED GOOD!


After Mommy paid the happy lady way too much money for my new do, we loaded up into the car and flew off to the next store. I have to say, I think the new hair style was working for me. Over the next two stores, I got loads of compliments from several ladies. One lady at Costco told my mom I was so cute she wanted to bite my feet. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet, but I think it's a compliment. And, I think I can officially say I'm no longer a "Baby," I've graduated to "Toddler" with my new hair cut. Thanks for helping me look good, Mommy and Daddy. You're the best!

No comments: