Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Great Grandpa Dale


This week was a sad one for my Daddy and our family. We had to say goodbye to Great Grandpa Dale on Thursday, February 5. Daddy got a call from Grandma and Grandpa Freeland late Wednesday night that Great Grandpa had gotten really sick and had suddenly passed away due to a heart attack. Mommy and Daddy both rushed around Thursday morning, throwing things into a bag, and then by noon we were off to Kansas to be with our family. We spent the next several days with Grandma and Grandpa Freeland, as well as Great Grandma. And on Monday, we had a very nice service in McPherson to remember what a wonderful guy Grandpa Dale was.


Great Grandpa Dale was someone I really wish I would have had the privilege of getting to know better. From what Daddy has told me, he was kind, funny, smart, and really loved God a lot. Daddy told me that he was happy that I at least got to see Grandpa Dale a few times and that I would learn later on in life how amazing he really was.


Grandpa, I'm really sorry you're gone. We already miss you a lot. Please watch out for Great Grandma. She misses you a lot too. We'll look forward to the day we get to see you again. Until then, enjoy a great game of golf with the angels. Maybe you and Jesus can go fishing and you can tell him about the crazy Canada trip you took with my Dad. We love you.

No comments: