It's official. I have been dedicated to God. What an experience that was. My mom was running around our house like crazy getting things "prepared." I didn't realize so much work went into saying you'll raise someone in the church. Friday night the festivities began. Grandma & Grandpa Von Fange, along with Grandma Freeland arrived at our house really late. They also brought along a curious little animal named Emma. She sniffed my toes and licked my fingers a couple of times. I think Mommy said she was a puppy dog. After she'd say puppy dog, she'd woof at me. Not quite sure what that means, thought she was losing her mind at first. "That's a puppy, Gabriel. WOOF WOOF!" What the heck? Are you trying to scare me woman with your woofing?
On Saturday, I got to play all day with my Grandmas while Mommy, Daddy and Grandpa went shopping for a new BBQ grill. I don't really know what a grill is but I know it makes Daddy smell after he uses it. He and Grandpa BBQ'd Turkey for my Dedication Celebration on Sunday. The food smelled good...I can't wait til I'm older and Mommy will let me eat what she and Daddy eat.
After a long day of cooking and preparing food, I was whipped from watching it all and so I decided to go to bed, but I wasn't going to let Mommy and Daddy get off that easy. I decided I would go ahead and pop my first tooth this weekend just to keep things interesting. I'll tell you whatever that stuff was Mommy kept giving me to take the tooth pain away was good. It tasted like cherries! And by the end of this week, I had sprouted yet ANOTHER tooth. (I'm an overachiever...)Then Sunday, the big day, came around. Mommy dressed me in my finest duds, black leather shoes, vest, tie, and all and off to church we went! Then in front of the whole church and several of Mommy and Daddy's friends (as well as my family), Mommy and Daddy promised to raise me in a Christian home and to learn about this man named Jesus. Like I said last week, He sounds like a pretty amazing guy. The church gave me a special present to help me learn more about Him. It's called a Bible. It's got some really cool pictures and stories in it. Mommy and Daddy are going to start reading it to me and telling me about God.


After the ceremony at church, we headed back to our house for a feast of food! Turkey, dips, veggies, potato salad, rolls, and lemon cake! There were a ton of people at our house too. I think our guest list included: Grandpa & Grandma Von Fange, Grandma Freeland, Aunt RaeRae, Uncle Paul, Sydney, Chase, Aunt Sabrina, my BFF Will, Olivia and Hanna, Shane, Bonnie, Krista, Mikayla, Daniel, Kristen, the beautiful baby Emily, and Logan! I even got to see my sweet Aunt Ali at the ceremony! It was so nice of everyone to help us celebrate the awesomeness of my dedication. I hope they know I appreciate it. So much so that I decided to show them all my appreciation by taking a long nap. I even showed Mommy how much I appreciated everything she and Daddy did for me by taking great naps on Monday too. But I didn't want to spoil her, so I went back to my old antics of 45 minute naps today.
Overall, I think my dedication was a success. I can't wait to learn more about Jesus and what He did for me. When I figure it out, I'll let you know. One thing's for sure though, I'm postive it's awesome.

1 comment:
He is so photogenic!! I'm gonna eat him! He looks pretty hacked off in that one pic of you guys though. What did you say to him? P.S.
The computer is making me say "crinvedd" to prove I'm not a spam robot overlord.
Post a Comment