Monday, August 25, 2008

Road Trip







The past 5 days have been life altering. I clearly see now that car seats are from the devil. Would you believe that I had to stay in one of these for 9 hours on my trip back to Kansas? Mom and Dad said it would only take 6.5 hours to get up to Kansas, but Nooooooooooooooooooooo! It took 9 hours! We didn't arrive at Grandma and Grandpa Freeland's until 2:45am Thursday morning. Let me tell you, I had had it with that stupid confining carseat. At least I got a break until yesterday when we took the trip home. Guess Mom was a little more prepared for yesterday because A) we left at 3:00pm instead of 6:00pm, B) she held my hand for the first portion of the trip to help me sleep, and C) she had made sure she had a bottle ready to go for me. But by 10:00pm, I was done. Those carseats are horrible. So confining and I can't easily get to my Mom. Not a fan of the carseat.

Onto the trip. It was so much fun! After the horrible carride, I got to see my Grandma and Grandpa Freeland the next morning! Grandma Freeland played with me a lot this weekend. She also introduced me to fish links! They are oh so yummy to chew on. Thursday was pretty laid back until that evening when we went over to see my Great-Grandma Von Fange. Wow. I've never seen so many people in all my life. People were in my face all night cooing and smiling. Give me some space!! By 7:30, I'd had enough and Mommy and Daddy took me home for a bath.

Friday was lots of fun too. So much so, they even threw me a party, (because I'm so awesome, you see...) at my Grandma Freeland's church. I got all kinds of new toys and books and blankets. One can not have enough blankets. I also got to meet my Great Grandma and Grandpa Renberger and my Great Grandma Woolverton. Naturally, they all fell in love with me. I didn't get to meet Great Grandma Freeland because she wasn't feeling well, but hopefully next time we're down for my first K-State Football game, I'll get to give her some smiles.

Unfortunately going swimming was a bust for the weekend. Grandma and Grandpa Von Fange's pool was too cold for me to go swimming. So I guess I'll have to have my first experience in the pool in the little yellow one Mommy and Daddy have in their backyard. But it was fun to see my Grandma and Grandpa Von Fange too. I got held a lot over there! After being passed around and oogled over all day long, I was exhausted so I hit the hay. I'm getting into a new habit of waking mom up after bed around 5:45-6:00am then going back to bed until 8:30am! Hopefully she'll let this stick once we get back to Texas.

On Saturday, we had the big party for Great Grandma Von Fange. There was just a never ending sea of people there. But I did spot one person that my Mommy had been telling me loads about. Blake Warman. His mommy, Liz, is my mommy's best friend from way back in the day and they got to come to my Great-Grandma's party! He is one cool dude. He's fast and I think he would be a good recruit for my regime. I'll have to discuss these options with him later on. I mean, really, who could pass up a chance to assist me in taking over the world?

By Sunday, I was exhausted and Mom and Dad were ready to go home. So they packed up our little car full of the lot I'd received Friday night and off to Texas we drove. This time, like I said, Mom was prepared, so we made it home in a record 7 and 3/4 hours. Not too shabby for stopping 4 times.



In the end, I feel that trips are a lot of work. They require a lot of energy being spent to see a lot of people. I don't really see how they call these things "vacations" when you come home more tired than when you left! But it was all worth it in the end. I was able to meet a lot of new people and show off how awesome I am. But, I think Mom and Dad will be waiting a while before they stick me back in a carseat for more than an hour. Until next time....ta, ta.

1 comment:

Leslie Amick said...

Gabriel you need to road trip to Florida. I hate my car seat too!
Love
Adaela