I have some happy news to report. I am officially potty trained! I know that none of you doubted my success in this, as I'm extremely awesome, but I have to toot my own horn just a bit. Mommy and Daddy started this business of going to the bathroom in the potty a few months ago. At first, I entertained my parents by occasionally obliging. But then I was still having those embarrassing accidents. Mommy and Daddy decided to forgo using Pull-Ups, as Mommy said they're just "glorified diapers that cost twice as much." So I was in "big boy" pants, but still not having much success.
After a couple of months of frustration, Mommy came up with a new plan (one that she swore she wouldn't do, but she claims desperation). She started giving me candy for succeeding. She'd tried happy dances and stickers, but I wasn't interested in those things. Her new plan was genius (thank you, Aunt Liz). I wasn't getting nearly as frustrated when I had a goal.
Get. Candy.
I quickly figured out that if I attempted to go (and even if I didn't succeed), she would reward me with something like one M&M. And if I actually went potty, I got two! This was a plan that was made for me. I know how to work a system. And if I did the big deed (pretty sure you can figure out what deed that would be), I got a super awesome reward. A sucker!
I've pretty much been accident free for a couple of weeks. Mommy reworked her system a little and now I only get one M&M for going potty and two M&M's for doing the big deed. I haven't seen a sucker for a while. But occasionally she'll surprise me and reward me with one.
Needless to say, I'm pretty proud of myself. I still have to tackle holding it while I sleep, but during the day, I'm golden. It feels good to not be in those crummy diapers anymore during the day. And my Spiderman underwear that I now proudly sport is super stylin'.

1 comment:
Good job baby! I plan to use this post to shame your buddy Will into using the toilet.
Post a Comment