Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Year Has Begun!

My mom, dad and I decided we would get the New Year started off right. So, we're getting our colds and coughs in now in hopes we don't have to deal with them in the future. That's right...My name is Gabriel and I suffer from chronic coughing. At least for now.

After we got back from our awesome Christmas in Kansas, Mommy took me to the doctor because I'd been holding onto a cough for roughly 4 weeks. Her concern heightened when we were home in KS because I was having coughing fits almost every night and was struggling to sleep. So, off to the doctor we went. After having a breathing treatment and Mommy giving the doctor a short medical history of our family, the doctor concluded that I was probably on my way to developing asthma. Which totally stinks. But the good news is, the doctor gave Mommy some medicine to give me (Singulair and Zyrtec). I'm going to stay on these two medications for the next month to see if that helps with my coughing. And would you believe it? I feel better already! Now, Mommy and Daddy need to get to feeling better so we can start playing with all my new Christmas toys!

Christmas started at our house a little early since we were going to be traveling to Kansas. Santa even made a pit stop at our house. Mommy is convinced it was for a trial run to see if the sleigh is in proper working order. I am convinced it was because he likes me the most.


Christmas in Kansas was fun and COLD! But it figures the week that we leave to go to Kansas, hoping so much that it snows in Kansas while we're there, we come home to learn that it snowed like crazy in Texas. It didn't snow too bad while we were in Kansas, but boy howdy, it was C-O-L-D!

We arrived on the 22nd and stayed with my Grandma Vetta and Grandpa Al through Christmas Morning. While with them, I got to spend time with the Von Fange side of the family and see all my great aunts, uncles, and cousins. On Christmas morning, we opened up presents from Santa, Mommy, Daddy and Grandma Vetta and Grandpa Al. Daddy has whispered to me though that next year, we have to open some stuff on Christmas Eve. I wonder why he whispered it to me and didn't want to bring it up with Mommy...hmmmm....My Great-Grandma Von Fange made a huge Christmas Feast on Christmas morning. It was so yummy! I ate loads of turkey! Then I was ready for a nap and it was off to Grandma and Grandpa Freeland's, where we spent the rest of our time. While there, we opened fun presents from them, and also went to see Great-Grandma Renberger, more aunts, more uncles, and more cousins on the 26th. I'll tell you what, by the 27th, I was done and ready to go home on the 28th. So much excitement should only happen once a year.




Overall, Christmas was wonderful. I loved spending time with my family and can't wait to see what next year brings!! Since I've been home, I'm enjoying playing with my new toys and reading lots of books! I feel blessed and very loved. But don't fret. Those mushy feelings won't get in the way of me taking over the world. World taking-over is just going to be put on hold for a bit while I enjoy this....consider me on an extended vacation.


No comments: