Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Countdown

Two weeks and counting...that's all I have to wait until the holiday of all holidays comes to pass. What is this spectacular day, you ask? It's my first birthday! I'm just 14 days away from gracing this world with my presence for the span of an entire year. And what a year it's been. In a couple weeks, I'll be doing a recap of my first year with some new pictures. Hopefully, you'll be back to check it out.

As I've implied, most of the fun is going to be happening in another two weeks (along with a super fun birthday party planned for next weekend), but that doesn't mean that there aren't fun things happening right now. Mommy is continuing to expand my pallet. I've added turkey, little crunchies, wagon wheels (those are edible folks, no wooden spokes were harmed in the consumption of this snack), spaghetti, mom's chicken enchiladas, and STRAWBERRIES! Oh they're so good.



My list of skills is getting bigger too. I'm now standing up onto all kinds of things and cruising along the couch and entertainment center. Much of my fun happens when Mommy is trying to read blogs on the computer. That's when I sneak into the kitchen and try to pull down the pots and pans from her kitchen rack. So far, I've been unsuccessful in pulling the big stock pot off the shelf, (she assists me when she's in a good mood) but give me time. It will happen. I have succeeded in busting her baskets under the kitchen island as well as throwing around cutting boards and cookie cooling racks. I think Mommy finds it a little annoying, but what she's missing is my gentle prodding of telling her I want to help cook. I bet I could make a mean fried chicken...I just love chicken.


Well, I'll look forward to showing you the loot I end up with after my super fun birthday party next weekend. Lots of special guests are coming, including 4 of my 6 grandmas, most of mom's best friends, and Aunt Rae Rae and Uncle P! It's going to be awesome! Just like me.

1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa F. said...

Love the Strawberry tasting video! How cute! Can't wait to see you for your birthday party -- 5 days and counting!

Love grama and grampa