Sunday, March 21, 2010

Little Van Gogh

Hello world. Life has been a crazy, hot mess the past few weeks. We've had lots of visitors at our house and I've been loving it. Both my grandma's have paid a visit, as well as my Aunt Rae Rae and Uncle Paul. My Grandma Vetta was here for 11 days and we had loads of fun. We even got to go to Ikea! After Grandma Vetta left, it was time for Grandma Freeland to come! When we went to go pick her up, my cousins and I got to spend a fun afternoon at Chic-fil-a. We had the WHOLE place to ourselves, while all the other crazies were at the Fort Worth Zoo. (25,000 people on the Wednesday of Spring Break) Aunt Rae Rae even took me up into the play tubes and I got to go down the slide a few times. Top it off with a yummy "Ice Dream" cone, in addition to getting to take Grandma Freeland home with us and my day was set! So far, March has been awesome. But, as much as our family loves company, I think my Mommy and Daddy are ready for some down time. They keep talking about needing a vacation. Maybe I should take it easy on them for the month of April.



In other news, I've been struggling a little bit with this odd thing called separation anxiety. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I mean, I'm a big boy. I know I can handle things on my own; I know I can DO things on my own. But when the idea or reality of my Mommy leaving (even just the room) without me, puts me in a state of panic and distress. Church has been the hardest for me lately. My friends there keep trying to tell me that the Mommies and Daddies eventually come back. But I'm not so sure I believe them. I know my parents love me lots and that they'd never leave me, but darn it, I just like being with them better than being left to fend for myself. What can I say? I love my parents!


On a happier note, I am coming to love art. My Aunt Rae Rae and Uncle Paul got me an awesome easel for Christmas and you bet your Huggies, I've been coloring and drawing up a storm.I like it when my Mommy and Daddy color with me. Mommy is perfecting her Elmo and Abby drawings, and Daddy can draw pretty cool dinosaurs! Right now I'm a big fan of squiggles and lines, with the occasional sticker thrown in. Daddy also likes to watch me draw (Mommy says he's beaming at me...whatever that means). I think he's hoping I'll follow in his footsteps to take a job where they just draw pretty pictures all day long. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm not sure if being an artist is in my future for a career, but I do know that these drawing skills will help me illustrate my plans for taking over the world!

No comments: