
I survived. That's right. I made it through my first experience of being without Mommy and Daddy for a few days. And you know what? I didn't even realize they were gone. Okay, maybe I did a little...but it wasn't bad at all! Grandma
Vetta and Grandpa Al took really good care of me! And while they were here, I got to enjoy some of Grandpa Al's
BBQing. It's not as good as my Daddy's, but it comes pretty dang close.

I think Mommy and Daddy missed me though. Last night, I had the rare privilege of staying up until 10:30 so we could go pick Mommy and Daddy up at the airport. When they saw me, they got really excited. Mommy was a little clingy, if you ask me. She kept kissing my face and saying how much she loved me. It was a little mushy...but I'm glad she didn't forget about me.

In other news, I got to meet some new people today. Three ladies came over to our house this afternoon to "check me out." They wanted me to show off my walking skills. I showed them my moves. I think they were more impressed with my charm and wit. One of the ladies, Ms. Lindsay, said that I was very social and such a happy little guy. I think I made a good impression, to say the least. After asking my Mommy and Daddy tons of questions and then playing with me for about 45 minutes or so, they gave Mommy and Daddy some ideas of how to help me take a few more steps. I decided that now would be an excellent time to show off and I proceeded to take about 4 steps from one toy to another, as well as from the couch to the loveseat. Yeah, it's because I'm awesome. I wasn't so sure about doing the exercises Ms. Lindsay suggested doing, but then Mommy assured me that they would help me take over the world. So I obliged.


Needless to say, I have some work to do, but Ms. Lindsay said she's going to introduce me to a physical therapist in the next week or so to help me strengthen and improve my leg work. I'm looking forward to meeting her. Mommy says were just going to take one day at a time and we're going to pray that within the next month I'll start
movin' and a
groovin' on my own with the help of my new friends.
Keep
rootin' for me! I have to get this walking thing down if I ever hope to rule the world one day. Adios.
1 comment:
love these pictures of your boy! his eyes are so blue!
the other kristina
Post a Comment