Monday, September 28, 2009

Desertion

You are not going to believe this. My parents are abandoning me. Yes, that's right. Abandoning me. In just a few short days, they are taking off on a journey together, ALONE. It's utterly ridiculous. They are deliberately leaving me behind with Grandma Vetta and Grandpa Al. I don't mind having fun with my grandparents (cause I know they'll spoil me rotten), but I don't like being left out of the fun. Where are they going? What are they going to do without me? How in the world could they have a good time just the two of them? It's just unthinkable. As you can see, I'm not too keen on the idea of being left behind. Mommy and Daddy both assure me that they'll be back very soon, but I'm not so sure. Those parents of mine are a tricky bunch. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm determined to be a "big boy" and show them I can do just fine on my own...but it's going to be hard. I really like my Mommy and Daddy...I'm going to miss them while they're gone. Do you think they'll miss me? I hope they don't forget about me.




To distract my mind from this, I've been focusing on something new and exciting that's going to take place when they get back from their little excursion. Next Wednesday, I'm going to meet a couple new people. One lady is what Mommy has called a PT or Physical Therapist. The other is a Nurse. Now, the PT, I know nothing about, but I know all about Nurses. They give shots. I don't care for shots. But Mommy has assured me that this lady will not be poking me with any needles. The PT is going to work with me on walking. You see, I'm struggling a little bit with being able to do it on my own. Mommy said that these two ladies are going to come over and help me out a bit, so I can get my confidence up to do it on my own. I'm a little nervous but I'm also excited. It will be nice to finally take more than a couple steps on my own without anyone's help. And, I know Mommy's back will be happy when I can get around on my own two feet. I'll keep you posted! In the meantime, say a prayer for my Mommy and Daddy as they go on their big adventure. I'm jealous I don't get to go, but more importantly, I want them to come back to me fast and safe.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Gabriel, no worries. You can come stay at Auntie Brina's. I have Coke! Coca Cola, that is.