Saturday, August 29, 2009

One Step At A Time


Last weekend, I got really brave. My Mommy and Daddy like to play this game with me where they will sit with about 3 feet in between them and let me "fall" to the other parent. They keep saying "walk, walk, walk!" but I find it much more fun to fall forward. Well, last weekend, I decided to throw them off their game a bit and I took two steps...and then I proceeded to fall forward. This made them so happy they squealed with joy. (Well Mommy did. Daddy will never admit to squealing about anything.)


Now I know what you might be thinking, "You're 15 months old, Gabriel. You should be walking by now." Yeah, yeah, yeah. I should also be paying rent and taking out the trash, right? But what you fail to realize is, I enjoy the fact that Mommy and Daddy have to carry me wherever I go. It's fun! I have to make it last as long as I can. Do you realize that once I really start walking, they're going to make me walk everywhere? I guess I could just throw myself down on the ground, kick my feet and scream if they try to make me...that's a pretty good idea, come to think of it. I digress. Mommy's told me that if I don't start walking in the next month or so though, I might have to go see a physical therapist for a little while. She's gotta understand though, I'm almost 30lbs! That's a lot of love to carry around on a pair of small feet! Don't worry, Mommy. I'll get it. You just keep taking your extra-strength Doan's back pills and I'll keep working on getting it before the middle of next month. Grandma and Grandpa Freeland didn't complain about having to carry me when they were here a week or so ago!


Speaking of Mommy and Daddy, they tend to embarrass me every once in a while. The other day they whipped out Grandpa Von Fange's Blu-Blockers that he is constantly leaving at our house and did they're best blue-steel impression. Oh....I am so ashamed...

Another new trick I've learned is that if I turn my head to the side and grunt, Mommy doesn't make me eat things I don't want to eat. She tried initially, but I threw the food on the floor...which made her really mad. She learned that if I toss my head to the side and grunt, that means I don't want it...or that "I" want to do it. She needs to realize that I don't need her help with everything! Sure, it's nice to have her wipe my bottom from time to time and fix my dinner every night, but look lady, I can feed myself. I can get the food into my mouth a good 50% of the time. Just let me do it!

Mommy's friend Elizabeth is going to start watching me two days a week now while Mommy goes and helps other kids that have been hurt at the Children's Advocacy Center. I really miss her while she's gone, but by May she'll be done with school and the late nights will be over. I don't mind too much. I get to play with Ms. Elizabeth's daughter Abagael. Being that she's 4 and a little wiser than me, she's teaches me loads of things. The other day she explained to me what the difference was between herbivores and carnivores. I'm thinking of seeing if she already has a career path picked out, and if not, recruiting her to help me take over the world. I'm realizing I'm a little short on the female recruits...and you can never have enough ladies around...

No comments: